Sunday 3 May 2020

In Isolation - cycling reports!

A diary from Ray and Chris who are in isolation - but it hasn't stopped them!

We’ve just finished a 2+ mile walk in the garden on my 100m circuit. I packed up lunch before we left and we’ve just finished it.
As I know several distance points between here and Oaks Park cafe I kept telling Christine where we would be if we were walking over there. 
We are now sitting in the summer house/ gym wondering if we can manage the walk back.

We have Ifit on the treadmill so we did a 24 minute walk round the pyramids in Egypt Sunday. While Christine was doing her 24 mins I did 16 mins on the static bike.
We still like the garden walk , Christine did 33 laps yesterday.



My son in Edinburgh brought home his 2 day old baby Friday so we decided to walk round Edinburgh yesterday. I shared the walking so we each did 25 minutes and We also did 25 mins static bike. We were back home for lunch.

We both rode together today.
We went up to the Chalet in Tadworth 8.5 miles but it was closed.
So we rode back to my friend Steve’s house 6.5 miles.
We had lunch I had tomato soup with homemade croutons and Christine had a tuna sandwich.
We were just about to leave after lunch and noticed we both had flat tyres full of thorns.
We decided to leave our bikes in Steve’s garage and walk home 2.55 miles 41+ laps.
Then like all good stories end we sat down and had a nice cup of tea.

The weather was so good last Sunday we set off from the Grove and walked to Morden Hall cafe ,69 laps of my 100 m track non stop ( I have ridden it so often I was able to tell Christine where we were all the way there).
Luckily  I had parked the tandem behind the summerhouse for us to ride back on, we just wobbled up the garden to the garage.

1 comment:

  1. Before you think they don't take this seriously enough - Chris tells me Ray insists that they carry their picnic all the way in a rucksack 😀

    ReplyDelete