Saturday 28 October 2023

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall; Nonsuch Beginners 28 October

O where have you been my blue-eyed son?

O where have you been my darlin' young one?

I been to Nonsuch Park to meet with Beginners

I been riding to Stoke D'Abernon with Nigel a-leadin'

I been to Cafe Barbera where the staff were all welcomin'

An its a hard, its a hard, its a hard, its a hard

Its a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

And what did you see my blue-eyed son?

And what did you see, my darlin' young one?

I saw ten people turn up but only seven on the long ride

I saw they fixed the potholes on Christ Church Road highway

I saw Malden Rushett with no traffic in it

I saw the gates of private estates openin' for me

I saw ten thousand cakes but I only got one

I saw black clouds a-gatherin' on the Western horizon

An its a hard, its a hard, its a hard, its a hard

Its a hard rain's a-gonna fall

And what did you do, my blue eyed son?

And what did you do my darlin' young one?

We cycled pretty fast for a bunch of Beginners

We tried a new route with an extra hill in it

We got a bit wet but nothin' too scary

Because we got home before the clouds opened 

and a hard, a hard, a hard, a hard, a hard rain began to fall. 

1 comment: