Report by Stuart
A good turnout of riders at The Mansion House in Nonsuch Park today, despite the hot conditions.
After a group set off for Teddington, I led a group of eight to Wimbledon Park. Not too quick in view of the heat.
A slightly different route for some of the riders. After going under the A3 on South Lane, we made our way to a cycle path that runs alongside the railway from New Malden all the way to Raynes Park. It's a lovely path that I now use frequently when going to Richmond Park, that I discovered on an exploratory ride. From Raynes Park, we pick up the usual route up Durham Road to Wimbledon Village and on to Wimbledon Park.
At the stop, some had coffee, others had ice cream. Lots of goodies available to eat - not like the ride I led last week to The Clubhouse in Putney where there were NO CAKES! (but lovely coffee). Nigel regaled me with his LEJOG ride in 2009! Amazing! Back via Tibbett's Corner, into Richmond Park via Roehampton Gate, we saw a lovely bevy of Deer, (https://deerknowledge.com/what-do-you-call-a-group-of-deer/). Then Kingston, Berrylands and Worcester Park.
I clocked about 23 miles to and from The Mansion House, With thanks to my fellow riders, Dee, Jackie, Karen, Nigel, Steve, Wendy and Yasmine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment. Comments are occasionally sent to the admins for approval so your comment may not appear immediately.