Wednesday 10 March 2021

Sue B's year of cycling alone

 From Sue B






Well, who would have thought it’s now, almost a year since the 1st lockdown and I am still solo cycling and walking.



We did manage a few weeks of cycling in groups of 6 thanks to the leaders and co leaders for all their hard work organising these. I, along with a lot of other members really appreciated these and enjoyed them.



I haven’t been as adventurous as most of you. Although I did get down to Dorking once, the Stepping Stones weren’t visible due the River Mole flooding! Most of my rides have been looking at the wildlife in Home, Bushey and Richmond Parks. If I didn’t keep stopping to take so many photos and watch what  was going on, I could either get home sooner or cycle further, but I really enjoy that part of it as much as the cycling.


                                             


I managed to go along the towpath in Richmond twice during high tide. Never experienced this before. Pleased I didn’t get stuck anywhere like some people did. In January I walked to Nonsuch Park. What a good job the rides weren’t still going out, as the entrance I go in was completely flooded, even with wellies on it was still deep. Not many cars were in there due to depth of the massive puddle as you can see from 1 of the photos.


                                             

Really looking forward to seeing you all again soon, that’s if everyone behaves and our Covid numbers don’t go up too much.

                                             


Please stay safe and well everyone.


                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment